Thursday, February 4, 2010

Do you think people have a false perception of what love is?

I'd pick the guy who cleaned up my throw up


over


the guy with a glass slipper any day of the weekDo you think people have a false perception of what love is?
I think you're on the right track with the way you put it. But I think it's more than a lot of people expect immediate and permanent perfection. Some people (men and women) are looing for the person who won't just clean up their vomit, but will do so when they've just met, clean up the entire room while their at it, and still want to kiss them on the mouth moments afterwards. Not gonna happen. Relationships are seldom perfect and especially not from day one. The initial excitement of a new relationship does fade and the greater reward of having a loving, reliable partner in life takes work. People seem to figure sometimes that if they can just find that one perfect person, they'll fall in love, get married, and be happy forever. Real love does exist, but it's not a cure all and like everything else, it has its ups and downs.Do you think people have a false perception of what love is?
not only a false perception ... but most have no clue at all!!!





be cool...
i don't know if perception is the right word. I think a lot of people get love/lust/admiration etc. mixed up and they are different things.
People mistake a feeling for a commitment. Forever versus until someone else comes along.
I agree, people want a fantasy love these days it seems...
Yes people do! Sometimes I think that I am one of them. Then again what ever one feels that love is to them should be how they perceive love!
I may not be a smart man, Jenny, but I know what love is.
  • dry skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment