Thursday, February 4, 2010

Does anyone have a false perception of themselves based on your appearance?

Like when you look at yourself in the mirror you think you're decent looking or pretty and don't look overweight, just normal. But when pictures are taken of you, you don't think it looks like you at all? And it's not just cos you're not photogenic.. there could be 100's of pictures taken and you look like a totally different person than what you thought you looked like...? and then you wonder if people see you as the person in the picture or the person you see in the mirror... Is there a name for this?!Does anyone have a false perception of themselves based on your appearance?
sounds like looking-glass theory to me. i think jung came up with this. i might be wrong. But-we have three different images of ourselves. one is how we think we look. one is how we really look. and one is how we think we look when other people look at us. this goes into our personality too, not just physical looks.


the other two are dominant traits but deep down we know how we actually look. usually.Does anyone have a false perception of themselves based on your appearance?
Yea, when ever i look myself i think that im fat and ugly, becuz when i was in high school people was always calling me fat. In fact, today, nobody can say that i was the same girl in my high school. I mean people say to me u look very pretty, but i just have another problem. I critic-rise a lot myself and yea when pictures r taken i look so nice but when i look myself in the mirror, i m a different person. WT i can say , people who have la ow self-esteem they act like that. So be happy wt u r and that's wt i try...
LOL I think I look average. But I may be a little heavier. at least the pictures look that way =D


But I don't let it worry me too much. I don't try to be a hunk or Men's Health cover model.





EDIT: I'm not sure that's necessarily narcissism. Conceit or Confidence maybe.
I falsely perceive myself to be fat and ugly, but apparently i'm not.
That's not even what Narcissism means.
Narcissism.
I do actually. But the camera adds ten pounds to you, so that may be what you're talking about.
my face and neck look good but i hate my mid section and legs

No comments:

Post a Comment