Thursday, February 4, 2010

Who is really behind the (in my opinion false) perception that men like ultra-thin bodies on women?

Yes, most men have an initial positive reaction to Victoria's Secret models and the like, but I think most of us would ultimately prefer at least 15 - 30 pounds more?Who is really behind the (in my opinion false) perception that men like ultra-thin bodies on women?
Fashion industry.


Most of people there are too detached from reality.





My guess it that models are supposed to look good in pictures, not feel good when you hug them.Who is really behind the (in my opinion false) perception that men like ultra-thin bodies on women?
IN the UK we know men prefer curvy women. But the whole reason women want to be a size zero is to impress other women that's the only reason.
Hollywood(though H.wood is starting to put more ';fleshy'; women in leading roles that aren't for comedic relief or have tragic life stories), the fashion industry and the women's magazines that use the ultra thin models in their ads and place them next to articles about how to get a man, keep a man, and please a man, and use the thin models for what fashions are ';in';. If the fashions that were ';in'; were put on women of all body types instead of mostly the thin models, there might be less confusion in that respect.
The fashion industry and Hollywood. We fail to remember that the fashion industry is dominated by men who like other men so it makes sense that they would eshew curves. Vickies isn't the worst of the bunch and actually deserve a little bit of credit as does SI. They have long had standards for their models that other companies/publications didn't with regard to being too thin.
It's primarily the fashion industry. They're only interested in selling clothes, so they want models as skinny as coat hangers so their clothing will hang well on them. The industry is all about the clothes, not the attractiveness of the women, but other women get the mistaken idea that men find that look desirable. We don't.
I'm going to be politically incorrect here and say that I find Keira Knightley quite attractive. But I also find Freema Ageyman very beautiful. Women's beauty can come in many shapes, sizes, and colors, and I hope for everyone to be able to accept and value themselves for their uniqueness.
It has nothing to do with men it's a woman thing. We are our own worst enemies and project these images onto men pointing proding the men askin, ';You thinks she's hot don't you?'; Once we promote more positive self-images then we can finally accept ourselves for who we are.


Men like what feels good and the most attractive quality is confidence.
There is nobody behind it other than all of us as consumers. If women (or men) objected to those images, then they would stop spending money at Victoria Secret, stop buying Cosmo magazine, stop watching the VS fashion shows (low viewership means less revenue). What matters is where people put their money. They are selling an illusion of beauty which women will try to project on themselves. Do you really think if they showed 200 lb women in bulky sweaters, women would suddenly flock to VS? Not likely.





Well, Portwine, I'll take the skinny ones. Sure, instead of the 5'6'; 110 lb. model, you want the 140 lb one (added 30 lbs). Then after marriage or a LTR, she gains another 30 to be 170. Ah, but if I start with 110, then she'll be 140 after marriage. If you haven't noticed, many people gain weight after marriage or when in a LTR. It is much easier to be 110 going to 140 than to be 170 trying to get back down to 140.
men
I'm an assman. But no fat stomachs!!! Unless the a'ss sticks out more than the stomach.. to make up for it.. hehe
I agree but with somen men, it seems like it's all about the breasts. Like people say how the women a skinny as a rail. Well yes they are rails, with big boobs. Meaning skinny, except for the curves up top. I like boobs as much as the next guy, but I like proportion. And while the Victoria's Secret girls are beauitul, they are soo tiny. There legs are so skinny, like girlish and not like a woman's. A like a woman's body and a booty to her, not huge, but something there. Meaning meat on the legs, and wide hips Many of the women actually do have natural breasts, but I do think they are exceptions considering how skinny they are to have such large breasts. Usually a woman has to have some meat on her bones or atleast not tiny like these women to have large breasts.
Gay male fashion designers.





And yes, AT LEAST 15 - 30 pounds more than those underfed models...
when i was pregnant, i got hit on more than ever. seriously. one guy even asked me, ';do you have a baby daddy already?';





my boyfriend has said over and over again that he found me most beautiful when i was pregnant. i don't really agree, but i think it shows that if you love the one you're with, you don't really agonize over their weight.
I agree, it's the fashion industry, and they are detatched. I also agree that most men don't want to be stabbed by a protruding rib or elbow when they're close to a woman, that's not sexy at all.
Any guy who wants a woman who looks like a little boy, has issues to deal with.





Women, IMHO, should be women.





Example: Kate Winslet
I am not a man, but I agree, fashion industry, hollywood, television, etc....but the great thing is that REAL MEN in real life, at least in my experience, like real women.....all sizes and shapes. So while the media portrays ONE, in real life it's a variety. Women....yes WOMEN.....are much less flexible than men. (in my opinion)....WE want to be stick thin with big boobs, no blemishes etc....
Blah Blah Blah... What it all comes down to is that if they had 10-15 extra ponds they'd get slammed for being cottage cheese. These girls are rock solid and I LOVE IT! As a woman I don't want to be that skinny but then again I don't have to strut my butt down a runway barely clothed and in high heels no less but they do. It's their living. Alessandra only trains like 3 times a month and confesses to eating chocolate every day. These girls are just blessed with long legs and skinniness mostly by nature. now their boobs are pulled and taped until they look large even though they are not. But yeah it's not just Hollywood it's people in general. If you're bigger you're invisible, I know I was there. WHen you have a waist to hip ratio (divide waist by hip size) of .70 you are the most attractive to men. Most of those girls are anywhere from .65-.74.( That's based on scientific research byt the way not personal opinion) I blame men but then my ratio is .71 so I can.
jessica alba is what I prefer.
God bless you - every one!





:)
They say they don't just to make you feel better. If a man tells a woman he likes more meat it means that he thinks they are fat but still wants to get laid.





I knew I would get some thumbs down on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment