Thursday, February 4, 2010

True or False: the outside world's perception of you is more accurate than the perception you have of yourself?

False.





The outside world does not know you. They judge based on appearances and impressions. Like if a person is really shy, outsiders may see them as cold, unfriendly, whatever, but in reality they could be a super nice person that just takes a while to warm up to new people. I'm not the type to disclose every detail of myself to people so I don't feel like anyone knows me better than I know myself. Even the people I'm closest to don't know every little thing about my personality.True or False: the outside world's perception of you is more accurate than the perception you have of yourself?
Depends on the perception and what the perception is and who it is coming from. Some perceptions are correct, others are false. One correct perception about one part of you by one person could be dead on right, but another person, with a differing perception about the same part of you, can be dead wrong.True or False: the outside world's perception of you is more accurate than the perception you have of yourself?
I think there's some truth to that, actually. It can often be easier for someone to tell you things about who you are and how you behave that you don't want to believe or face, or just flat-out are unaware of. Obviously, there are things that you know about yourself that most other people couldn't know. But in many ways, all of us are unaware of many aspects of ourselves that are very obvious to other people. For example, some people genuinely are unaware of things about them that keep people from approaching them for relationships and/or friendships (see these kind of questions all the time here), and another person who has observed them could tell them right off many of the things about them that makes others not approach. Oftentimes, these people think they are one way when the vibes they're giving off or the way they carry him/herself is really different.
False if you are wise, acting on one's own beliefs is more important then acting on those of another. But, if the soundness of truth is of importance then the wise person seeks the council of others. More realistically, get opinions before you do something and screw up.
false if you are secure and confident


true if you are insecure and still a soul in search of what you 're looking for
I think most people know me better than I know myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment