Thursday, February 4, 2010

What do you do when people close to you have false perceptions about who you are and what you're doing?

At first, I gave into their perceptions...


I'd become exactly who they perceived me to be...





Later on, I tried to change their perception of me...


I'd defend myself with all I had...


Just so they would see the me, that I see...





As time past, I tried to alter their perception of me...


I'd enhance my good parts and hide the ugly...


All to create an illusion that I was the girl they wanted to see...





But now, I let it be...


I'm strong enough to stand in my truth...


No need to waste my energy on others...


And I've no shame of who I am...





If other people can't appreciate my 'story'...


Than that is their disease...





And it is contagious...


So, I politely excuse myself...


For however long or far that need be...What do you do when people close to you have false perceptions about who you are and what you're doing?
:)

Report Abuse


What do you do when people close to you have false perceptions about who you are and what you're doing?
Continue to be myself..... they're on their own. ;-)
i tell them theyre wrong! if they dont believe me then theyre idiots and i avoid them.

No comments:

Post a Comment